Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Okay, I'm not entirely new to using CSS but I'm just new to the more advanced ways of making sure my designs are relatively flawless on a number of different browsers, because as everyone that uses CSS knows, it never turns out the same each time.

So anyway, the problem I'm facing is, now that I'm ussing Firefox, which is deemed a web standard browser, more accurate than IE I'm doing most of my developing in that before trying to sort out the CSS to be compatible with IE.

Using div tags in Firefox creates this problem for me:

- When I try to apply a background colour to say a container from which all other div tags nest into, the background colour does not follow throughout the rest of the page, often cut off. If you look at the same page in IE for instance, it seems to get what you want to happen and it MAKES it happen (clearly this is false information, I know). So the colour in IE continues until the end of the container.

My question:

- How can I force Firefox to show the background colour of the container all the way throughout the height of the container, which is obviously determined by how much content my other divs hold inside the container (so not a fixed height).

Getting this problem solved a.s.a.p would be muchly appreciated. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    It would be best to give us a link so we can see it in action.

If possible, try using :
    background-color: transparent;

Because I can't see your site, I don't really know what else to say.

In some cases, you'll need to use faux columns, because there
    will be no other solution. Search Google for "CSS faux columns".

Remove Ads