Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi.
    i cannot seem to get my site to validate. The errors all appear to be relating to the flash movies embedded in my pages.

I have attempted the 'flash satay' method for embedding flash but it still doesnt validate.

Can someone please have a look at my code and perhaps sugguest what i am doing wrong?

http://synthsoundz.com/example_site/gs4492_hp.html

Thanks.

Member #
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...gs4492_hp.html
    Referring to the site above, I shall address each issue which I can.

Error #1 (l21, c29): No attribute "alt" in that particular element. Find it and remove this string:
    Code:
    alt="This is a flash based banner"
    Error #2: (l24, c13): Use of upper case in XHTML. Change everything to use lower case EXCEPT the values. Also, make sure your attribute values have " " surrounding them. Another thing to note is that ALL tags in XHTML must be closed. Therefore, <tag> must have </tag>, or it must be stated as <tag />. So:
    Code:
    <PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=transparent>
    becomes
    Code:
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    Error #3, #4, #5, #6, #7: Fixed in #2.

Error #8 (l49, c9): Use of upper case tags in XHTML. Just as in #2, <NOSCRIPT> cannot be used, but must be changed to <noscript>.

Error #9 (l58, c9): Usage of a specific ID twice. An ID can only exist ONCE in a HTML document. In this case, you've used it the second time at this position. The first time it was used is at (l32, c9). Solution: think of another ID to use with the second time, or use classes.

Error #10 (l73, c9): Refer to #8. Same error made.

Error #11 (l74, c9): Refer to #9. Same error made.

Error #12 (l107, c3): <ul> is found at a place where it should not be! I'm not sure what you can do to fix this, but perhaps you could take it out of the <p></p> that it is inside.

Error #13, #14, #15: Fixed in #2.

p.s. (lxxx, cyyy) represents the location of the error. It shows that the error occurred at line #xxx and column #yyy.
    Hyperair

Member #
    ok thanks. ive managed to fix all but one of the errors ( Error #9 ).

<div id="left> - does not actually exist on my stylesheet. I think i accidentally copied and pasted this code along with the javascript code.

Whats strange is that if i take this line of code away including the closing div tag, my javascript drop down menu disappears. I have tried various things including changing to <div class="left"> and that didnt work.

Can you think of why my menu dissapears?

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Use the JavaScript file (acrunactivecontent.js) that Flash exports when you publish it.

Then, in the <noscript> element, put something other than Flash content.

Member #
    hi. thanks for the reply.

do you think you could elabourate slightly on this one as im not entirely sure what you mean or how this relates to my problem.

cheers.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Or "swfobject", which is similar to what Transio's talking about, but works slightly differently - google it. Transio's solution does either one or another, whereas swfobject overlays one with another. Take your pick.

Member #
    im sorry guys but you have both lost me. You are talking about ways to embed flash documents. However my last post was relating to why my javascript menu dissapears when i remove a div tag.

Are you refering to the same thing as me?

cheers.

Remove Ads