Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm working on a new design for my website. Please visit http://www.kryptonicwave.com/KRYPTONICWAVECOM/quote.php The problem is with the left navigation. In Firefox it looks great but in IE it's spacing everything out. I have given the top two green boxes height and width amounts but left the 3rd lower green box with the google adsense empty. The reason is the length of each page on the site is always different and i'm trying to make them adjust for each pages height. Should I be using css or something. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!! The top two boxes should look how they do in Firefox throughout the site ???????

Member #
    Well, everyone is going to say this so I'll go ahead and be the first... You've set the doctype to XHTML but have built the page using tables when it really should have been built using DIVs. This isn't necessarily the cause of your problems, but obviously you can see the frustration of making cross-browser compatible page.

I took a quick look at the source, but nothing immediately jumped out at me. I see you've got a rowspan for the left column (I think) and I vaguely remember this type of annoying problem back in the day before the advent of XHTML. I remember it having something to do with the bottom-most cell (using the rowspan) stretching those above it if the content in the cell (on the right in this case) extending down the page. Hopefully that made some sense

Still, the goal really should be to reconstruct the page.

Remove Ads