Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    This seems like it will be simple but I can't get this working.

I have two div classes, the first one is commentmain, the other is commentfooter. I want to be able to position commentfooter at the bottom of commentmain. The problem is that I do not know the size of commentmain since it displays user input and could be any size.

Everytime I try to position it, it seems to take into account the amount of text above. So if the box goes higher than the normal size it will screw up the positioning.

.commentsmain
    {
    line-height: 25px;
    font-size: 0.8em;
    text-align: justify;
    vertical-align: top;
    padding: 5px;

}

.commentfooter
    {

width: 700px;
    height: 20px;
    text-align: right;
    position: relative;
    bottom: 10px;
    }

Member #
    I tested and div.commentfooter always went below the commentsmain so maybe I am not understanding you fully.

Member #
    commentmain is a td element, I want the comment footer at the bottom of the tc element and not just under the text since that can vary in size a lot

Member #
    if you mean you would like the footer rooted at the bottom of the screen, regardless of how much content there is above i, then i think you're going to struggle without either have some javascript to move it there or by giving the area above a fixed height - but then this will cause issues with differing screen resolutions / heights.

if there is a css solution then i'd love to hear it as i've wanted to do this at various times

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by womble
    if you mean you would like the footer rooted at the bottom of the screen, regardless of how much content there is above i, then i think you're going to struggle without either have some javascript to move it there or by giving the area above a fixed height - but then this will cause issues with differing screen resolutions / heights.

if there is a css solution then i'd love to hear it as i've wanted to do this at various times
    Nah, I just mean at the bottom of the td element no matter how large it may be.

Member #
    This is what I mean:

http://www.athenahelpdesk.com/Login.aspx

As you can see, the white container will not go all the way to the bottom of the users browser! It does it the page contains enough content but in cases like this, it will not.

Remove Ads