Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am building a site that has some rollover navigation, a "print" button for printing images, and an "open new window" for a little "help" section.

Of course everything works great in..... you know the story.

IE 7 has a restricted or protected mode which blocks active content, which in turn won't display my rollovers or open new windows or make the print button work.
    I know I can go to the top of the web page and click in the pagewide box in IE and click in there and it will prompt me to allow active content, then everything works. But how many people that visit the site will know that? Is this a concern for me?

I don't have the site up yet. I made the rollovers and the "open new window" in dreamweaver, and the print button is javascript which brings up the user's print dialog box.

Any input would be appreciated.

Member #
    If I remember correctly, IE only needs you to do that when you are viewing the file offline.

Maybe this changed from IE6 to IE7, I am not sure.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well now, come to think of it, that seems to be the only time it happens. I'll keep an eye on that. That would be a relief .

If anybody else has any info pleeease let me know. This is a site for a pretty high profile business in our area and I can't have any snags like this happening.

Thanks bfsog, much appreciated

Remove Ads