Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello. Trying to create continuity as advs by using CSS. I started off yesterday, I am getting the hang of the text thing. But when I add an image and place it at absolute left/top it doesn't really show. Or if it show after an F12 it is only after i refresh it.
    I was also under the impression that it was best not to use tables...but for both the css and a template that needs to use an editable are it seems to me that the table is necessary.
    Can anyone comment on this please?
    using dreamweaver mx.
    thanks

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    You'll find that most of the people on this forum (that use Dreamweaver), use
    DW as an editor ... not in the WYSIWYG mode. They use DW to manually
    do their coding by hand.

In your case, if you gave us the URL to your website (or web page), we might be
    able to see what is happening.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Tables are not necessary when using the dreamweaver template. Put the editable region in places that may have different content on other pages, like a heading below the nav bar that will change in other pages, and the main content area of course. The editable region will expand as you add content to it. Use the template as a shell of your design with logo, navigation, and footer. Put the editable region inside of your shell, or where you want to edit spots in other pages. As mlseim said, don't get carried away with DW wysiwyg. Constantly monitor your code and keep it organized. As far as the image problem you are having, we need to see something. I have yet to use an absolute div in my sites and in my experience, everything can be done without them. Absolute div positioning depends on the container they are in, maybe your problem lies with the outer element.

Member #
    Thank you both. will try again & see about posting some code. So you guys can look at it.
    Daniela

Remove Ads