Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,
    I have been banging my head trying to figure out why I can't center the words "HOME" over the background-image "home_butt.gif" for the past 2 hrs on my site. Could you please take a look at the page (left frame) and see what you think Is causing problems? Thanks alot!!
    It displays differently in IE 6 and NS 7. Both not centered.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~svoltmer

Member #
    I had trouble getting images and text to appear in the same spot, pixel for pixel on my portfolio site (if you look at it in Netscape, there's a one pixel break in the line that connects the nav to the content). I ended up finding that when I defined the text padding one way w/ CSS, the design worked in Netscape, and when it was defined with smaller text padding, the design worked in IE. Lesson learned: Netscape and IE were spacing the same code out differently.

Ok, now back to your problem, which can be fixed easily: Just include the word "Home" on your graphic! That will alleviate problems everywhere!! It will save you lots of headaches trying to line things up on different browsers, different resolutions, etc.

Remove Ads