Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey Folks!
    Could somone please take a look at my website, and show me how to fix this? It looks great when I use FireFox, but when viewing it via IE, my header image does not show, nor does my Nav Bar background image. I'm guessing that I need some kind of IE hack, but at this point, i have no clue. (My CSS)
    Thanks!

Member #
    Take out the top right and top left references you have in your background declarations in your css file.

You should also proofread your css file a bit. You're missing a couple of closing semi-colon's and you misspelled helvetica.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ravensjeff
    Take out the top right and top left references you have in your background declarations in your css file.

You should also proofread your css file a bit. You're missing a couple of closing semi-colon's and you misspelled helvetica.
    Thank You Very Much, that worked! But my Nav Bar still looks different in IE. I want the borders to be black like they are when viewing my page using Firefox.
    Thanks!

Member #
    To fix that, you'll need to change the measurement unit in your css declarations from em's to pixels. (Your margin/padding/width declarations).

For what its worth...I like the current IE rendering better.

Regardless though, change your measurements to pixels and readjust them to get it to display how you intend.

Member #
    Thanks, but that does not change the look at all. I'm sorry, I'll have to learn how to make a Nav Bar image first before I post for help. (I'm using the same image as my header image) Do I need to make a button size image instead for my nav bar?

Member #
    Actually, the size of the button in the nav look consistent to me now between IE and Firefox. The only real difference I am seeing is the border color. It appears to me that Firefox is using black as the default border color and IE is using white. You don't have a color defined in your css so you are leaving it up to browser default. Firefox is using black...IE is transparent.

Anyway trying defining a color for your border and see what happens.

In this section:

Code:
    ul.navbar li 
    {
      background: url(img/hb.jpg);
      margin: 0.0em 0;
      padding: 0.2em;
      width: 13em;
      border-bottom: 1px solid;
      color: black;
      font-weight: bold;
      font-size: 9pt;
    }
    Change the border-bottom declaration to:
    Code:
    border-bottom:1px solid #000000;
    Also, you are still missing a lot of closing ; in your css. You should definitely fix that up.

Remove Ads