Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Right, where do I begin?!
    First of all Iíd like to thank anyone who has helped me so far with this rather annoying website Iím building. Anyway, one problem I canít seem to fix has to do with images not showing upÖ this is a little difficult to explain so bear with me.

This website Iím building is very complicatedÖ complicated for me anyway because Iím a designer not a programmer and this website is all php, css and tpl files. Iím editing the design which is near impossible to do in Dreamweaver because Iím accustomed to designing websites in design view with a little coding now and then. This little bleeder looks like itís written in ancient Egyptian to me with things like {$showtitle} {if $error eq ""}{$beginning} - {$ending} {$lang61} {$total}{/if}. Anyhow Iím waffling on here so Iíll explain my problem.

Having spent near on 2 weeks getting to logo to align to the left of a centered website and making sure it looks the same in all web browsers I noticed that the logo and the advertisements were not showing up on the ďVideosĒ page and the Members page (itís a youtube clone). The route it takes on these two pages is different to all the other pages because these pages have sub menus i.e Recently added, Most popular, Top rated etc. The route looks like this http://www.mywebsite.com/browse/videos/z/0/1/RecentlyAdded. The links on the adverts are there and clicking on the logo takes you back to the main page, itís just not showing the image source for these 2 things. All the other graphics show up fine, itís just the logo and adverts that wonít show up in ďVideosĒ and ďMembersĒ.

It would be easy just to show you the website but Iím not allowed because Itís top secret apparently.

Any help would be great

Member #
    Well without an example we cannot really help you.

The image is missing an src? Or the src is invalid (as in the file does not exist). Check that.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bfsog
    Well without an example we cannot really help you.

The image is missing an src? Or the src is invalid (as in the file does not exist). Check that.
    I donít think itís as straight forward as that unfortunately. The logo shows up on every other page as do the adverts. The logo is on its own .tpl file with the alignment controlled by the css files and the adverts are controlled through my admin panel for the website with the code {$lang0} {insert name=get_advertisement value=var AID="2"} on the relevant .tpl file. This makes it easy to update the adverts and to make sure the same one is on every page. If the image was missing a src or the src was invalid it would not show up on any of the other pages.

Member #
    Okay, but like I said without an example it will be tricky to get to the root of your problem.

Check to make sure that the paths to the css files are existing and correct on the videos and members page?

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Give us an example of the path to a page that works,
    and a path to the page that doesn't work.

It's a path problem, and if we can see both paths, we might be able to see it.

Example ... like this example you gave us:
    http://www.mywebsite.com/browse/vide.../RecentlyAdded

If we can see the path to a page that works, that would be good.

I'm pretty sure that in your .tpl file, you'll be adding some of these
    to the image paths: ../../

But not sure without seeing the difference between paths.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    For those following this thread ...

The problem was solved.

It was a relative path problem.
    In this case, using "absolute path" to the images was the best method.

For those viewing that don't know what paths are:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Remove Ads