Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I need to create a blog EXACTLY like this one: www.edgepointchurch.com/blog
    I have the wordpress blog, the feedburner setup, and a 1-click installer for wordpress for my hosting, but I dont understand how to theme it to fit the style of the page exactly like this, to be honest I really don't know how to make it feed onto the page at all. Can someone please help, or refer me to some links that will help me!

Thanks for any help!!!!

Member #
    1) Install WP - Honestly, I would recommend getting the most up to date version from wordpress.org and installing it yourself so you get the most recent version, since some one click installers limit what you are actually able to do once the blog in actually installed. (It takes very little time, and the Readme file is easy to follow)

2) Edit the CSS so that the blog matches the site. To theme the blog, I recommend starting with the Sandbox theme. What that is is a very stripped down theme that you can build on. You choose how many columns and the column order, and go to town from there.

3) Change the RSS links from the standard (domain.com/rss... I think that is the default WP RSS feed link) to the Feedburner link (feeds.feedburner.com/....)

If you need further explanation, feel free to post here, or PM me if you need help doing the actual install.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    We need to know how much experience you do know. Trying to style anything in CSS is quite difficult if you're new, even to those who have mastered CSS from scratch. If you've never done web design before, then I can give no better recommendation than either a) pick a pre-existing theme (but lose the look you want), or hire a designer.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Remove Ads