Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,
    I'm currently putting together a few frontpage examples and have run into a few alignment issues. If anyone has some input it would be great!

First: <hr /> won't align center in Firefox but will in IE. I have searched google and changed the css to several different hr styles without any luck. I have also played around with where I'm using clear: both;

Second: I'm starting to notice differences in the IE and FF alignment around the address and contact details as well as the jobs search area. I can't see why this is the case.

Thanks
    Denis

Edit: Apologies meant to post the link: http://www.bjmarine.net/ambassador

Member #
    You may have already tried it, but I am pretty sure adding a margin-left: auto; and margin-right: auto; to your hr style rule will solve the hr issue.

Code:
    hr {
    	border: 0;
    	color: #9E9E9E;
    	background-color: #9E9E9E;
    	height: 1px;
    	margin-left: auto;
    	margin-right: auto;
    	width: 92%;
    	text-align: center;
    }

Member #
    I had tried that before but obviously not in the right way! It's working fine now. Thanks for your time

Member #
    No worries. The logic behind it is: if you tell me to stand in the middle of the room I need to know the rooms dimensions.

What issues with the job search? That part looked the same for me in IE and FF.

Remove Ads