Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, today a friend of mine introduced me to browsershots.org. When I saw what my contact forms looked like in different browsers I couldn't believe it.

To make forms look nice I usually create a div and assign it a background image using the background-image css property. I give the div the same height and width as the background image, and then I position the input fields using the margin-top and margin-left properties.

In Safari the text fields are way too long and get out of the image. In IE the vertical separation is too little and everything is screwed up. In Opera the text fields are too tall and screws up the form as well.

Many people recommended to me not to use divs with a background for forms. My question then is: how should I do it? Can I use a table with a background image? I don't want to have a normal (ugly) contact form. Is there any way of making a form work across the browsers without giving up the nice design?

BTW, my website is www.tryarg.com/WorldCup if you want to take a look at the form at the bottom to see what I am talking about.

Member #
    It works well in FF.

In Safari, about the text fields are way too long, you can set the input default width.

I don't find the bug in IE.

Remove Ads