Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Banned
    Member #
    I want to learn HTML+CSS. I was just wondering if i spend at least 3 hours a day studying it how quickly will i be able to write it fluently?

Also, when people design websites do they learn ALL of the code or do they have a blank template of the code then add all the vital information?

Thanks

Member #
    If you spent 3 hours a day it would not take you long to become fluent in CSS. Besides, at the beginning you have no code to re-use however as you create CSS styles you can use them in other projects.

Also it is good practice to have a default CSS file/style rules that are common throughout all of your websites (such as a font you like, font size, header width etc).

Not sure what you mean by your second question, I know all of my code, but I create a template file which then I overwrite as my new file and just edit the title, meta tags and main content.

Member #
    I think learning it and being fluent are almost completely independent. Learning CSS will give you an arsenal, but you won't be any good at it until you have a few sites under your belt.

There are so many tricks and shortcuts, conventions, and hacks you have to learn to be fast. If it was easy for everyone, we'd all be unemployed.

As far as your second question... when I'm coding for myself, I start from scratch. The only exception is building on to an existing project. In fact, even in existing projects, I find sometimes it's easier to build from scratch than hack someone else's code.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads