Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Content Box

Member #
    Hey guys. I just started taking up web master about 3 weeks ago for college. My knowledge for coding is average. I was wondering if i could get a little help on something i was trying out.
    I created a template in Photoshop. I then watched countless videos on how to slice my template and export it into dreamweaver. I've done that and had no problems. But now im running into a big problem. I probably messed something up along the way due to my lack of knowledge.
    Here's the top and bottom of my site im working on:
    http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=topsitecj6.jpg
    http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?i...tomsiteqw2.jpg
    What i want to do it remove the top story and Main content boxes and make one big box that runs from the top of the top story box to the bottom of the main content box. (hopefully u understand what i mean). What i tried doing was deleting the 2 boxes and the spacer.gif thats between them and importing the bix box i wanted into dreamweaver. What happens is it aligns perfectly at the top. But messes up the rest of the website. None of the boxes align and jsut becomes a complete mess. I hope you understand what im trying to say.
    Anyways is there a way to fix this or will i have to re-slice my template? What i want to do is have a bigger box in the middle of the page so say if you clicked on news it wouldnt say top story and main content it would be one giant box that says exgnews and so forth.
    Thanks for your team and sorry about my inexperience.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    sigh...

Remove Ads