Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i am working on a new site and test.pokertablesplus.net shows up in firefox but it doesnt load with internet explorer

is there something in the code?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    For starters, I don't see a doc type. Also, you have 2 body tags! Put all that code I gave you into one body tag.

Member #
    Okay i put it all into one body tag but my site still isnt showing on internet explorer....

The page loads and the title shows but nothing else shows just a blank white screen. I dont understand how it loads in mozilla firefox completely fine.

Does anyone have any idea?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    You're commenting-out the entire page .... something wrong with the red parts below ...

<script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    function MM_swapImgRestore() { //v3.0
    var i,x,a=document.MM_sr; for(i=0;a&&i<a.length&&(x=a[i])&&x.oSrc;i++) x.src=x.oSrc;
    }
    function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0
    var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();
    var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i<a.length; i++)
    if (a[i].indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a[i];}}
    }

function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01
    var p,i,x; if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {
    d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}
    if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[i][n];
    for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);
    if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;
    }

function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0
    var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array; for(i=0;i<(a.length-2);i+=3)
    if ((x=MM_findObj(a[i]))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc) x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];}
    }
    //-->
    </script>

Member #
    Okay I finished this and it still isn't showing in internet explorer. I just don't understand how it is perfectly fine in mozilla firefox but wont show anything but the page title in internet explorer

I've made many sites, not all nice ones, but i've never had any problem like this

p.s. you can view test.pokertablesplus.net in firefox and see how my links turned out

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    FYI, the <!-- and //--> is theoretically `correct', if outdated. Its purpose is, in essence, to comment out the script for browsers that can't handle it. But most people don't use it anymore, in large part because they try to pull their scripts out into external files.

By the way, your site doesn't load in Firefox, either (at least not mine). You have an unclosed [minicode]style[/minicode] tag. It's on the eighth line of your file -- make sure to close it there, too, since you don't have any information in it:

HTML Code:
    <style type="text/css"></style>

Member #
    ahh, now it's loading for me in internet explorer but there are spaces inbetween each of my links that i would rather not have there

thanks for the help any advice on spacing out my links and i can move on with the site

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Try putting the img tags on the same line as the a tags.

Member #
    That didn't seem to work...

why would it load different in internet explorer than it would in firefox??

This is bugging the hell out of me

Member #
    This page lists everything that Internet Explorer does wrong (Warning: Long list)

http://positioniseverything.net/explorer.html

Remove Ads