Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi Guys,
    I've got a form where i am using input button.
    Code:

<INPUT TYPE="image" SRC="" class="feedback" etc
    As you can see i have removed the source and applied the feedback class instead. I was hoping to allow the IE PNG fix to replace the source img. This has unfortunately created a placeholder with a red X. Am i going about this in the wrong way? Is there another way to apply this fix to the input button?

I am using this code for the fix. Located in my css file
    Code:

.feedback {
     background:       #030886 url(../gwi/images/feedback.PNG) no-repeat top center; 
     background-color:     transparent;
     * background:      none;
     * filter:       expression("progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='../gwi/images/feedback.PNG',sizingMethod='crop')");
     width:         161px;
     height:        38px;
    }
    * html .feedback {

background:       #030886 url(../gwi/images/feedback.PNG) no-repeat top center; 
     backgrou\nd-image:     none;
    }
    Thanks for any help!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It seems like you are using a * html hack in there but it isn't being used to apply the background filter. I'm also not sure what * background and * filter are for.

Finally, I'm not sure you can use an image input with the png fix like that, but then I've never really tried, and it theoretically should be possible. You could try using a [minicode]button[/minicode] element, too.

Remove Ads