Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    So, I've decided that I want to build a website. I chose a free premade template and wanted to get started. I chose this template: http://www.themeshark.com/content/in...iger-drupal-6x

Here is the actual template itself viewed in a web browser: http://www.themeshark.com/demo/sandtiger

Now, when I right click to get the page source and I copy and paste it turns out like this: http://www.freewebs.com/chunkymeatmeat/

The page source doesn't include any images or the actual layout and I don't know how to put them in their myself. When I download the layout using WinRar, there is no index to get the actual HTML so I can't get the layout.

Can anyone help please?!?
    Thank you!
    (I am looking for a red/silver glossy themed template, if you know of one.)

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    You chose a Drupal Template which is designed to be imported into Drupal.

You could still use it for an "outside" web site, but a template is much more
    than just HTML. A template IS a web site ... HTML, CSS, photos, images, graphics.

With that, you need to copy all of the files associated with it.

Either find a free CSS template (using Google: free css template )
    or use the one you found, but copy all of the images and files they use.
    It's a lot of work to grab them all manually, but since you're not using Drupal,
    you'll have to do it by hand.

You won't be done yet ... you'll then have to customize it all with your
    own graphics and variations to layout, fonts, colors, etc.

Most of us do all of our coding by hand (using Notepad).

Good luck.

Member #
    Thanks for your help. So if I choose another layout, I won't have this problem?

And If I choose to work with this layout, after I save the images onto my computer, where do I go on next?

Also, why is it that even the template layout isn't even showing currently?

One more question, what is drupal? How do I go on about editing in drupal?
    Thank you so much!

Member #
    Well saving the images on your computer isnt enough...you need to upload them to your server using a FTP program. For example, my site is www.pokertablesplus.net and I have to use my FTP program (i use filezilla...free download) to load my .index files and my images onto the public_html area of pokertablesplus.net

index.html is automatically your home page so if you uploaded all .index files and all necessary images to your site server using a FTP program and your home page was index.html everything should work

I may not be good at explaining this as I am not too smart when it comes to this stuff but once you know how to do it it's like riding a bike. Maybe someone else can ellaborate better for oyu

Member #
    I just tried doing this..no luck.

I'm not trying to be rude, but do you have the time to set it up for me? That would be great, because I'm sooo lost.

Member #
    well, for example the site i signed up for is www.pokertablesplus.net so when i log on to the FTP program i log in server: pokertablesplus.net then with my log in and password and the public_html file shows up and i load the .index files and images into this and whichever

first do you have a FTP program and also do you know your log in and password and server??

my aim is TSOADK if you have aol instant messenger ill be on

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Pistons125 ...

Do you really want that sandtiger template?
    It's possible to gather all of the files needed for that,
    but won't take the time if you're not sure you really want that template.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim
    Pistons125 ...

Do you really want that sandtiger template?
    It's possible to gather all of the files needed for that,
    but won't take the time if you're not sure you really want that template.
    Yeah, I would LOVE to use that template..It's pretty much what I need..but I can't figure out how to use it! That's the only problem!

Maybe you can help me out? That would be awesome.

Member #
    If you really want that template then you will first need to set up a folder on your computer where you will remember where you put it. Example would be My Documents>WebSite.

Then you need to open your FireFox browser up to
    http://www.themeshark.com/demo/sandtiger/
    Then under File and then Save Page As and save it in your WebSite folder
    You will then need to create a folder inside the themeshark.com _ Another Free Drupal Theme_files called images

.You will then need to go to each image on that site and right click on that image then choose save image as the name of the image in your images folder.

You will then need to change each and every link in your index page to remove the
    themeshark.com links.

OK with me so far? You should then rename the themeshark.com _ Another Free Drupal Theme.htm to index.html and rename the themeshark.com _ Another Free Drupal Theme_files. Still with me?

Or you could go to one of the free template sites that when you download a template from then you actually get all the files and not just a link back to their site for advertisng. Sometimes free is not free at all.

links like this need to be removed <a href="http://www.themeshark.com/demo/sandtiger/user/register" title="Create a new user account.">Create new account</a></li> rendering that template almost useless unless you know some html and css.

Remove Ads