Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am helping out a friend of mine who has made a website for a company in dreamweaver. In most browsers it works just fine but is having a little bug with internet explorer.
    http://www.wcgpr.com/landmark/index.html
    If you click on Members Access there is this wierd white bar we cant get rid of.
    Any suggestions?

Member #
    It looks to me like it is some CSS property going astray but it's quite hard to wade through the code of both pages looking for inconsistencies.

What I would suggest you do is create a "template" from the index.html file and strip that down (remove all the main content) and build up from there.

By the way the page http://www.wcgpr.com/landmark/grain/grainhome.html also has the white gap for me, in IE7.

Member #
    It still didnt work but thank you so much for the tip!

Member #
    Things to check for. What out for padding and margins you may have added if you see for instance a padidng-right:5px make sure you reduce the entire div value by 5px to compensate this can help.

Second make sure the image doesnt have white space. Also maybe a stray & nbsp ;

Ok also i just noticed it is all tables not CSS so lets see. *looking through your code* I did notice that it is left aligned, try right align. You may have that cell exact but it could be adjusting due to a math mistake on the entire table or a forced resize.

Honestly i know its a pain but I would replace the tables with Divs. The site layout isn't that complicated that switchin to CSS would be an issue. You also are missing all Meta data for your site making it unsearchable. I don't know if you need/want it to have good SEO but if you do make sure you place those in. If you want me to look into this further send me message and I will download the code and fix the error and send it back to you.

Director of Web Development
    Sebastion
    SynitechStudio, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by beckersam
    It still didnt work but thank you so much for the tip!

Remove Ads