Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    ok i have a question on my css i have made it so the site sizes with the browser by using width % but now if i make it too small the tabke over shoots the frame border is there anyway to fix this
    im still sort of new on how to use margins and containers and positioning but so far it seems to work good unless the window gets too small
    i can post code if u need it

Member #
    If possible can we see the page in action? It is better than just seeing code, we can see code and see how the browser renders it.

Member #
    www.drugmanifesto.org
    on the pics, and even on the navi bar, since those are pics once they get small enough they overshoot the border
    my goal was to ultimately keep everything inside that frame and then have it resize but apparently not as easy as i thought

Member #
    I resized my browser window to the smallest width it would let me go, and I seen no breakage.

Can you provide a screenshot of this?

Member #
    http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/8...tessxt3.th.jpghttp://img375.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif
    there and i forgot i changed the width to 100% i wanted it to be 90 so there is some space around the edges but when i do that its not centered and i cant figure it out
    sorry the link was weird the first one is the pic

there i changed it to 90% and see how its positioned to the left, how to i make the whole container centered?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I see what you mean, but it's no big deal.
    If anyone views it that small, it becomes too difficult to view anyhow.
    Nobody will be making their window that small.

You have so many other design issues that are more important ...
    such as not centering all of your content, font faces, font sizes, color choices,
    and content that describes what the site is all about ... is there a purpose to it all?

... and your HTML doctype is halfway down the page (view HTML).

Also, search Google for instructions on making thumbnail images instead of how it is now.

Member #
    o that has somethin to do with how i do my header i can change that an put it at the very top

but i know this design has many flaws behind the code, but i just was goin for appearance at the moment, i wrote this design when i wasnt as knowledgable in css and html so its really sloppy

i was gonna redesign it which i could be i was hoping i can just fix what i got now

ok i fixed the doc type i see how that could change a few things

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Your site has this disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that fails to meet those requirements.**

Does anyone know if that's true? Maybe you are responsible?

That might be a good WDF discussion.

Member #
    iono just thought better put that in there than have nothing but thats not the point, the point is im trying to fix my web design coding

honestly i havent read up on what legally i have to put on there for me to not be liable but im still working on the site so it hasnt gotten big enough to need that yet, ill research it at some point

one thing to help with that is an accept button which i need to add then the uploader will show, that way legally they accepted my terms so there for i shouldnt be held liable (in theory) but like i said ill look up the legal status later

Member #
    If you provide screenshot it would be better.

affordable webdesign

Remove Ads