Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi there, I am having some issues with IE7, and hoping someone on here can help - and if you can, thank you in advance!

Please use FireFox to view these pages as the site looks the way it should, and compare to how they are being are displaying differently in IE7. Its pretty obvious visually what is going on here...but behind the scenes in the code, I can't seem to 'see' where I went wrong here - could be something stupid and simple for all I know. And my html and css code both validate (even if it is a transitional doc type - i think I am going to use xhtml strict for future sites though to get me into better habits).

So here is the homepage which looks fine in both browsers:
    http://isotec.expandyourelement.com

but on the subpages like this one:
    http://isotec.expandyourelement.com/products.html, I have recognized the following issues I cannot figure out how to fix:

1. Top nav bar rollovers are off - they are absolutely positioned so I wonder if this is the problem - however I'm confused, as they work perfectly on the homepage! (I thought this could relate to a positioning and/or padding issue, but I am not sure how to make the fix) - this happens on all subpages.

2. All side navs look horrible -text wrapping and large spaces! It's like the column width isn't displayed right (again I am assuming this is some type of a padding or margin issue as I understand IE deals with total widths/padding differently). It's width is way too big and the content area to the right is smaller. On the Corporate page, there is a strange white space on the left - but doesn't occur on other pages.

I do not understand how the homepage can look exactly as I want it to but subpages are off! Its the same html and css used for the top nav on all pages.

Thanks in advance for the help! And yes, I know my CSS is a LITTLE out of control...but I do think I am getting better at it. So any improvements also appreciated if anyone has the time.

PS does anyone have any suggestions on a tool for IE7 that is similar to the FF firebug for editing CSS on the fly? It would surely help me out in this instance! The IE7 Dev bar is useless for me, unless I am missing something.

Member #
    Man I just seem the resolve for this to like 3 days ago somewhere.. I know it has been a big problem in the css world.. If i run into it I will shoot you a link

Member #
    Are you using a reset file?
    AXZM - Web Development | Web Consulting
    p: 214.607.6088
    info[at]axzm.com

Remove Ads