Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    First, I know I've got to ultimately adapt to tableless css design, I'm going through a book called "CSS Mastery" but for now, I have to get something posted, so I have to go with what I know, which is design by tables.

The first table at the top of the page is made up of two rows, two columns. In the upper right is the flash:

http://www.greatinsurancevalues.com/new/index.html

All four cells have a height specified of 40, dreamweaver also specifies the height in the code:

Code:
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="392" height="40" title="call toll-free 800-555-3376">
          <param name="movie" value="call.swf" />
          <param name="quality" value="high" />
          <embed src="call.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="392" height="40"></embed>
        </object>
    So why, oh why, has the flash thrown my table out of whack?
    ~ mikeycorn
    With over 72,000 questions worth of user submitted quizzes, it's the world's most popular quiz creation software:
    PEST - The Personal Exam Self-Tester

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Have you tried adding a little bit of wiggle room to that cell? Like maybe 2 or 4 pix. I looked at it in FF2 and didn't really see anything wrong. That's the only thing I can think of. I haven't worked with tables in ages (seems like it).

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroweb99
    Have you tried adding a little bit of wiggle room to that cell? Like maybe 2 or 4 pix. I looked at it in FF2 and didn't really see anything wrong. That's the only thing I can think of. I haven't worked with tables in ages (seems like it).
    It's looking okay for you in FF2? Hmmm . . . I'm running FF3 and it's all skewed with gaps. I'd give it a little wiggle room, but I need it to fit because of the rounding on the upper right edge.

I forgot to mention, it looks okay in IE, but it reassembles itself into proper alignment, if you know what I mean, it starts skewed, I get the information bar because the flash is running locally, and then it rights itself, but in FF3, it's totally whack.

May have to go with a gif if I can't figure out why it's coming out skewed in FF3.
    ~ mikeycorn
    With over 72,000 questions worth of user submitted quizzes, it's the world's most popular quiz creation software:
    PEST - The Personal Exam Self-Tester

Remove Ads