Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,
    In a drop down menu form:
    1-After displaying the selections of the first question, how can you dispay the second questions' selections based on the first selection?(i.e. after user selects a car brand, the second choice display the models available of that brand)
    2-After user submits his choice, I want the selection form and submit button to stay where it is and at the same time I want the results show up right under/near it. So when the user selects from the form again, the new results will be displayed, and the selection form will still stay and so on... How should the form submission work in that case? (i.e target frame self or something else and/or action = the file itself or another file is needed?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Something like this?
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm

It uses Javascripting to select the items, then a normal form
    processing using PHP ... like any other form.

Once you get the form working, post again so we can see it ...
    We need to see the form to help with PHP.

Member #
    yes exactly like this...however this looks kind of confusing for loading and installing etc...How about this:
    I write a single drop down field, which I select the primary selection. Then based on that selection, I bring up the second field (in the same iframe), which shows the first item as selected, and, displayes the second drop down for choosing. After thesecond one is selected, the third one is now displaye din the same frame, with the first and second selected..and so on...does it make sense?

Remove Ads