Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey this is something that i have wondered about for a while now and i cant seem 2 figure it out. How is the bar at the top of this site created, http://www.gridhost.co.za/
    . I am talking about the blue one that says gridhost, when you resize the browser the bar always covers the entire width of the window and when you make the window smaller it doesn’t create a scroll bar at the bottom and the images always stay where the are suppose to be. I am thinking of doing something simulate so help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think its a background image for the body and then the header is matched and layed on top, and also put in a centered div, giving it the illusion that it's all one unit.

Member #
    They've got a div called header, and that's covering 100% of the browser window, so that when you resize the window, it always fits the width perfically. And their logo and contact images have transparent backgrounds, so that they appear the same image as the background of the header div.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Close enough.

Remove Ads