Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hy guys, I got this job interview, and as a "task" they gave me an screenshot of some website and told me to recreate it using XHTML/CSS. Needless to say that my code "didn't satisfied the designers expectations" without any remarks of how to improve it.

I need some guidance on how to improve the attached code. I was wandering about my mistakes or maybe some old habits, but I just can't see anything so out of context.

Attached is the html, the css and another ZIP with the entire site content, including images. Very small, by the way.

The code (both CSS and the HTML) are valid.

If anyone can help me with that, I appreciate it. It will have an unmeasurable value for me. Thanks in advance.

Member #
    im a bit short of time at the moment but from just looking at the html i can't see anything wrong with it. ask the designer what he/she thought was not so good about it. it's pretty slack for them not to give you anything on where you went "wrong".

but when I have more time i'll look more closely at the zip package.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    To make it easier, I uploaded here:

http://www.agnesojala.com/wika/

Thanks again.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The markup looks great. For some reason your css is not text wrapped so I'm not even gonna try and sift through it.
    Two things I saw on the home page. The hover on the navigation seems to work about half the time. Also there is something hidden underneath the header and can only see part of it.

Member #
    i looked at your site in IE and FF and didn't see anything wrong. I really would be asking this guy what's wrong with it. Just one thing though. I viewed it in a screen of 1024x768, which I would consider a standard screen size and it was perfect. then i viewed it in a 800x600 size. the site was too large. you may want to fix that up, maybe have the width of the site 800 pixels or 750 or something like that, by placing the site in a wrapper div. But that was the only problem I found.

Member #
    The only think I can suggest is that you minify your CSS... that aside, I saw one or two CSS statements that could be combined. That aside it looks fine... ask the designer what was wrong with it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey guys, thanks very very much for all the comments. That will definitely improve my work in future jobs. I will try to correct my mistakes and squeeze the code more.

Again, thanks very much

Member #
    glad to be of help. good luck.

Remove Ads