Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey Guys

Well basically, as you can tell from my thread title, my problem lies with the footer.

My problem is that the footer is overlaying content (stuck sort of halfway up the page) on Internet Explorer 7 which is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. It doesn't do this on Firefox.

The website I'm talking is http://andrewsunstudios.com
    The homepage viewed on Internet Explorer will show you the problem.

The CSS file as well as the webpage itself can be obtained by downloading the page as it is. So if anyone can point out the issue with that to make the footer 'stick to the bottom' would be great help. Thanks!

Member #
    I cannot access your website, it keeps timing out.

Without seeing the page or thr HTML/CSS it's tricky to know whats the problem.

However in the meantime you could add the following CSS, this is assuming that your footer div/element has an id of footer

Code:
    #footer
      {
         <!-- Your styles here -->
         clear: both;
      }
    If it does not work do not worry, once the page is accessible someone here should be able to help you.

Member #
    hi there, thanks for your advice, that particular code is already in the footer (doesn't work yet though)

the website should be working fine now

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Does this happen in IE6? I looked at it in IE7 and it looks fine. Although there is a horizontal scroll bar.

Member #
    actually, i fixed it...sort of...

at least on firefox and IE 7, it looks ok now because i made the CSS height 'min-height: 760px' so that means pages with less content will have the footer appear below and as the content gets more, the footer goes down with it

but, i'm not sure how this looks on a 1920x1200 screen right now because i set that on a 1680x1050 screen

Member #
    I wouldn't worry too much about the 1920x1200 screen. to fix that, you could have everything a fixed width. but i'd be designing for more smaller screen sizes like 800x600 and 1024x768.

Remove Ads