Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all!
    My name is Drew and I am brand new to the forums, as well as web design. A buddy of mine and I decided to try to put together a small video studio a couple years back and now that we have grown a bit, decided we should update our website. Well I was chosen to learn XHTML as well as any other necessary components such as CSS and who knows what else. Well on to the problem.

I am having problems with my top navigation bar. I am trying to use the sprite image technique for our navigation, but overall thats not the problem, you will notice my images arent lined up very well, that i will fix.
    The main problem is the margins you see. Ive been trying a number of things to get this to work, and this isnt the first way ive tried it. Overall i am lost. I cannot seem to get the margins to the sides of the buttons to disappear. As well as moving the links off the page without taking the buttons with them. I am getting the same view in safari, firefox, and opera. IE testing will have to come later when i get a dummy domain to place it on.

I am a total newbie to the html and css side of things, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached is a image of the site in firefox, as well as the css and html sheets
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remove Ads