Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi I have taken half a year of web design, and I am having some page resizing and scroll bar problems. Here is my basic situation, I am doing a project with the need for a section on the top, left, and right, I decided that I would use frames to accomplish this. Now, i can make the page bigger due to the fact that the frames will not allow you to use the scroll bar. Pardon Me if I sound like an idiot but quite frankly I do not have a clue what I am doing, btw time is of the essence so if you have a spare moment please help me, i'll gladly supply you with more information and even a small amount of code for you if need be, thank you very much

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Step 1: Back to the drawing board. Frames have been deprecated for about 10 years.

Step 2: Learn to make a website using XHTML (divs) and CSS. There are many resources on these technologies. Google them to find some.

Sorry! Good luck!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by inquisitive14
    Hi I have taken half a year of web design, and I am having some page resizing and scroll bar problems. Here is my basic situation, I am doing a project with the need for a section on the top, left, and right, I decided that I would use frames to accomplish this. Now, i can make the page bigger due to the fact that the frames will not allow you to use the scroll bar. Pardon Me if I sound like an idiot but quite frankly I do not have a clue what I am doing, btw time is of the essence so if you have a spare moment please help me, i'll gladly supply you with more information and even a small amount of code for you if need be, thank you very much
    It might be easier not to use frames? All you basically need is a header and two columns, right? So google 2 column layout or 2 column template or 2 column web design or.....etc. My favorite is Holy Grail Liquid .
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Remove Ads