Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am creating a new website for my photography business. Everything is looking pretty good considering how new I am at CSS. These are the problems I am having:

1. The content div at the bottom of the wrapper div on the homepage looks great in firefox, but in IE it is shifted too far up and is running into the menu and slideshow.

2. I am having z-index problems with the content div's on all other pages. The pages which have "overflow:auto" on the content div appear to be the top layer no matter what I do to the z-index values. This is happening in FIREFOX. In IE, this is not a problem.

Please help! I was trying to get this site live by the first of the year but I do not know how to fix these problems so it has gone on a lot longer. Thanks to anyone who replies!

click HERE to see the site.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm not sure what you see with the z-index. What is the div supposed to be appearing below?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfiend
    I'm not sure what you see with the z-index. What is the div supposed to be appearing below?
    the div is supposed to be layered under the menu. when the submenu options come out and you scroll over them, where the div overlaps you cannot click the link. perfect example is the wedding packages page where the div is positioned right up against the menu. here the whole link cannot be selelcted where some other pages you can select maybe half before the overlap occurs.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hm. I'm actually not seeing that at all, I can select all of it on all pages. I'm running FF3, which version of it are you seeing the issues on?

Member #
    I am using Firefox 5.0

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Er... The latest version of Firefox is 3. Can you double-check Firefox's about box?

Member #
    Er... The latest version of Firefox is 3. Can you double-check Firefox's about box?
    I'm sorry, it says Firefox 3.0.5

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hm. Very odd. Maybe it's Mac OS X, though that would be super-odd. Can you post a screenshot that shows the problem?

Member #
    I will try. I am not using a mac when viewing this problem. I just got a mac but only use Safari which the site looks fine on.

Member #
    Hm. Very odd. Maybe it's Mac OS X, though that would be super-odd. Can you post a screenshot that shows the problem?
    I cannot do a screenshot that will illustrate the problem. The best I can describe is if you go to the wedding package page and then select a menu option on the side that has a submenu that pops out and you go to choose one of the submenu options it will not let me select. It displays the normal pointing cursor and then the option disappears and is not clickable. Some pages where the DIV does not reach the menu, the submenu links are selectable until you reach the div and then the same thing happens. The whole area is not selectable in this case, only the part of the submenu link that is to the left of the DIV is selectable.

Remove Ads