Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Greetings. I'm having a little trouble with a vertical side nav bar, the width (in Firefox & IE); I can't get each line to be the same width: and the border (in I.E.) - the bottom isn't showing in I.E. /boggle. I'm hoping someone can at least give me a finger in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong.

The Page

The CSS

I'm assuming the width has something to do with me not putting a width: value in the right spot somewhere, or putting the wrong one in. I'm just dumb enough at .css I don't know where even after some experimenting.

The border I assume has something to do with I.E. sucking and needing some quirky hax or variable to fix it.

My apologies if my .css is abhorrent and unclean. I'm still a newbie at this and trying to muck my way through from tutorials and resources. If I can get it to *work* I'm happy. X^D

Member #
    Give your ul li a display: block and see if that helps with the width. You may have to adjust the width of your list items to get it to work. The only thing I can think of with the border bottom is that with the height you specified, the margin, and padding, there isn't room for the border. Does that make sense? Maybe adjusting your height of your list items would help, and maybe the display: block would help as well. Hope that helps you!
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    Oh my god, you're the best! That fixed ALL my problems! <3 <3 <3 <3

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Member #
    Glad to help!
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Remove Ads