Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I'm just getting back into website development for the first time in about fifteen years so I'm trying to get up to speed on newer techniques.

I've read some basic intros to html and css and gotten a website started but I haven't found information on using css to create static content between multiple pages like frames can (ex: I want a navigation bar on the left but I'd rather not copy and paste it to each unique page if those pages all have the same navigation bar).

Can someone help me out or point me to some documentation that can?

Thanks much.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you don't have a program that has a built in "Apply as Template" feature, such as Dreamweaver, then look into using "php includes". There are a million sites and tutorials on it. The nice thing about "includes" is that you only need to change one file and upload to the server. You only need to change one file with the template feature too, but you will be required to upload all pages that are affected by that change.

Remove Ads