Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I have a basic question. How do you adjust the height of empty space between two lines of text under each other? </br> seems to little and <p> seems too much for what i am trying to do....such as

<p> some text - line 1</p>
    <p> some text - line 2</p>

some text - line 1

some text - line 2

Here the distance between two lines of text is too much for what I am trying to do...But if I used </br> then two lines are displaying right on top of each other, almost touching...I need some distance in between the two extremes. How do you do that?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Using css, add a margin to the p declaration to your liking. If you don't want it on all paragraphs then add a class or id to the particular paragraph.

Member #
    Neither of the code below worked...What is wrong here? (by the way this is in a php echo statement)
    <a style='margin-bottom: -9px;' href='........'> $aa[0]</a><p>

or
    <a href='.......'> $aa[0]</a><p style='margin-bottom: -9px;'>

whatever px value i use, it seems no effect on the space between this line and the line below.
    without any margin, the code was like below by the way...all i want is to be able to adjust space between them...
    <a href='.......'> $aa[0]</a></br>
    <a href='......'> $aa[1]</a></br>
    <a href='.......'> $aa[2]</a></br>

Member #
    If you want space in between each line of a <p> or <a> and not just between one <p> and another, use line-height. If you want space in between one <p> and another use margin. If you want more space, you shouldn't be using a negative margin.
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Apply a line-height globally in a style sheet if you want it to be uniform throughout the site. If you just want it for a particular section, then wrap it in a div and apply your bottom margins or line height there. You also have single quotes in the "a" tag where it should be double quotes, however I don't know if that's how it needs to be with php or not. I personally don't like inline styles as it bloats the code and you can always get the effect your looking for by wrapping that section in a div.

Remove Ads