Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I can't seem to find a feed of any sort that I can use for a new site I am designing.

I want to display cheat codes for video games on this site. I found a database of cheat codes, but that ended up just being a lame program that has all of the cheat codes I want, but I would have to copy and paste everything.

I have been poking around the net looking for RSS feeds I could use so I wouldn't have to update it manually in the future. (cool) But they are all just for new games.

IGN, Gamespot, etc all have feeds, but nothing that covers ALL of the cheat codes. No archives that I can find either.

Is there a place where I can get a feed that has not just recent cheats, but can go as far back as old school Nintendo, or am I going to have to bite the bullet, manually past all of the codes in and hope for the best?

I know something like this exists because I found a site advertising like this for free about 6 months ago, but I can't find it! :'(

Thank you ahead of time.

GT

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Why not take the starter database and auto-update it with the feed of new codes from IGN or Gamespot?

That would solve your problem, but would require some coding.

Member #
    That sounds like it would work, but I am still quite a noob at this so I am taking one step at a time.

The agrivating thing is that I have seen the site before that had what I think I need but I can't find it. Any suggestions on search terms I could use in google?

I have searched:

"cheat code database"
    "cheat codes rss"
    "cheat codes rss database"
    "cheat codes xml feeds"

I am gonna try "cheat code archive feed" and some variations of that to see what I can't drum up. Any other suggestions are definitely welcome.

Just in case, what kind of coding would that require?

I got the database from: http://www.cheatbook.de/cheatbookdatabase2009.htm

GT

Remove Ads