Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I don't know much html at all, so I've been relying on dream weaver.. I slice my website that I've done in photoshop in imageready, then import into dreamweaver etc.. On firefox, my website looks fine.. www.vanilladawn.com.au/home.html ... I've used a random script to make the front picture change on refresh etc.. My problem is that I looked at the website on IE today, and it looks absolutely shocking.. I'm really upset that I can't find a way to fix it.. The thing is.. That on some pages.. It looks fine on IE.. For example.. http://www.vanilladawn.com.au/about.html http://www.vanilladawn.com.au/contact.html http://www.vanilladawn.com.au/aboutcollections.html Those 3 pages look fine.... Nothing wrong with them... This page http://www.vanilladawn.com.au/home.html .. And this page http://www.vanilladawn.com.au/info.html however, look really quite sh*tty. On the home page with the random images.. TWO of them look fine.. There's a one with a baby in a pink and orange nappy, and one with some boys on a boat.. Those 2 images.. They're not pixelated.. The other 8 of them are.. Its especially obvious on the baby thats curled up on the black background. You'll have to excuse me, I'm really not good with html, so I haven't been able to do a lot of problem solving myself... I have been trying, and nothing I do works.. Why would it have 2 clear images out of 10 or 11 on the home page, and the rest be jagged.. Then have 3 or 4 pages that are clear.. and then have another whole page that is jagged?? It just doesn't make sense.. Does anyone have any ideas on why its doing this, particularly not on all the pages?

Member #
    Err.. Sorry for the block of text.. I did put it in paragraphs, but for some reason it posted like that..

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This is a shot in the dark. Let's say you have an image in DW and you edit it in whatever graphics program you use, and replace that image back in DW. You may need to "reset size" with the image in DW. Right click on image and select reset size. This is usually if the dimensions of the image changed. DW will retain the width and height of the image even if it was changed.

Like I said, just a shot.....

Member #
    Thanks for the reply If I "resize" the image.. It blows it up bigger then it is.. I've redone the whole home page without a rotating image.. If I don't have the rotating image on there, it looks fine.. Pictures as it should be.. As soon as I loaded the php script.. Its all pixelated again. I don't understand how it could be the php script when another page without the script has the same problem.. Ohhhh.. Actually.... I just re-read what you said.. At first, I had the webpage bigger, but I resized it all.. So even though I've resized the images, DW is trying to retail the old size? That might make sense.. The 2 pages that are stuffing up are the only 2 pages I done before I redone all my sizes.. So... I wonder how I go about trying to fix that.. I've already tried redoing the pages... When I click "resize" as you say, it goes back to the ORIGINAL size I done them website, even though I've saved all new images etc.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hmmm.... I'm getting confused myself. Make sure in the code, your img tag width and height are matching the image itself. You could even delete the image and reinsert it. It sure sounds like a dimension issue. Like I said though, it only happens when you edit an image that was already in DW.

So let's say you want to tweak an image that you already have in place in DW. You go into PS and do your editing, then "export" it. It asks if you want to replace that image and you click OK. Now when you go back into DW the image will retain the original dimensions of that image, hence the jagged edges. That's when you "resize" the image. But... this seems to only happen if you changed the dimensions when you edited that image.

Understand?

Member #
    Yep... I understand I think... I seem to have fixed the problem on www.vanilladawn.com/home.html .. I really don't have any idea what was wrong.. Or how I fixed it? lol I ended up opening some of the images in photoshop, as well as one of the ones that WERE working.. I dragged the image over to the working one, then saved as a different file name.. And that seemed to fix them after I uploaded them.. So now I just need to figure out whats wrong on the info page. I appreciate your help.. Out of all the forums I've posted, you've been the only person to reply so thanks a bunch!

Remove Ads