Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi there. Ive made a quit simple web site for my children photogarph by slicing in pscs4 and put it together in adobe dreamweawer. Now i have this header in wich ive drawn some flowers and some grass and in here i would like to have a couple of butterflys flying around. Ive been drawing them in pscs4 and now i want to import the into Adobe flash cs4 to make them move. Sofar ive been able to make the wings move by using the bone tool but i want to make movwe across the header in a nice soft arc movement and i dont think the arrow keys can acomplish thes moves. Now i can see that a motion tween can do it so my question is: Is it possible to combine the bone tool movement making of the wings with the above mentioned motion tween tool ? or is there some other way.. Many thanks in advance. regard jesper

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jesperx
    Hi there. Ive made a quit simple web site for my children photogarph by slicing in pscs4 and put it together in adobe dreamweawer. Now i have this header in wich ive drawn some flowers and some grass and in here i would like to have a couple of butterflys flying around. Ive been drawing them in pscs4 and now i want to import the into Adobe flash cs4 to make them move. Sofar ive been able to make the wings move by using the bone tool but i want to make movwe across the header in a nice soft arc movement and i dont think the arrow keys can acomplish thes moves. Now i can see that a motion tween can do it so my question is: Is it possible to combine the bone tool movement making of the wings with the above mentioned motion tween tool ? or is there some other way.. Many thanks in advance. regard jesper
    OOPS - ive done the wing movements by "inserting pose"!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You probably want to split this into two phases -- first, make a movie clip that contains the wing movements and the looping. Then, you drag the movie clip to the stage in your main movie, and use a motion tween on that movie clip instance to make the movement around the header.

Member #
    Ok Shadowfield ill have a look at it. But i dont understand why this cant be done in one "stage" well actually it can be done if you have say a car wich moves in a linear way - then the arrow keys can be ok - but for things that move in a unlinear way like a bird or a butterfly i think its odd that it cant be draged across in same process as doing the bone thing. I just borrowed the pc with the program today so i really dont know nothing about as it probably shows. Thanks again

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, to be honest it probably can be done on the same stage; however, this is a much cleaner way of doing it as you can then, say, reuse the butterfly movie clip elsewhere if you need it. Plus it separates the butterfly and its internal movement (wings) from the movement of the butterfly around the page quite nicely.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfiend
    Well, to be honest it probably can be done on the same stage; however, this is a much cleaner way of doing it as you can then, say, reuse the butterfly movie clip elsewhere if you need it. Plus it separates the butterfly and its internal movement (wings) from the movement of the butterfly around the page quite nicely.
    Thanks SF. ill give it a go.

Member #
    Hi there again Shadowfiend. i just tryied your idea and it really works !! this is awsome. Do you have any idea on how i get some nice soft arc movements on the motion tween line -when dragin in it - i can only get som verư zig zag lines when dragin it the point on the line.thanks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Excellent. Have you been using bezier curves to guide the tween? If not, try that.

Member #
    No -never heard of such a curve - but i will find it and try it. thanks again for great help. regards

Remove Ads