Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    First - i had a post a week ago simliar to this wich Shadowfiend kindly gave me the answer to and i really thought that i could use that on this one -but I cant. Ive made this face with 2 different expresions on layers in photoshop.then i have exportet layers to png24 files into Adobeflash cs4. So now i have a 2 layers each with a face (happy, mad) and both convertet to movieclip1 and movieclip 2. ive set up the timeline so when i press run it changes from happy to mad in a loop. Thats ok sofar. Now i want to have the face to move across the sreen with a motiontween doing the happy, mad thing at the same time. My problem is: i cant seem to select both movie clips when i want to tween - i only can seem to select one of them so that only one of the face expresions move in the motion tween .what am i doing wrong? thanks .

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jesperx
    First - i had a post a week ago simliar to this wich Shadowfiend kindly gave me the answer to and i really thought that i could use that on this one -but I cant. Ive made this face with 2 different expresions on layers in photoshop.then i have exportet layers to png24 files into Adobeflash cs4. So now i have a 2 layers each with a face (happy, mad) and both convertet to movieclip1 and movieclip 2. ive set up the timeline so when i press run it changes from happy to mad in a loop. Thats ok sofar. Now i want to have the face to move across the sreen with a motiontween doing the happy, mad thing at the same time. My problem is: i cant seem to select both movie clips when i want to tween - i only can seem to select one of them so that only one of the face expresions move in the motion tween .what am i doing wrong? thanks .
    Have to say that the problem is to select all when the 2 layers timlines is laying one after the other so when i pess ctrl a , highlight or whatever it just chooses one of the layers so that i cant put the to movieclips in to one so that i can make the tween.

Member #
    Yes yes i know -im also a jerk when i post reply

Member #
    Actually this is what iev been trying to do in a previous post surgestet by Shadow fiend:
    You probably want to split this into two phases -- first, make a movie clip that contains the wing movements (in this case the two face layers) and the looping. Then, you drag the movie clip to the stage in your main movie, and use a motion tween on that movie clip instance to make the movement around the header. But i cant select the two layers anf make it to one movieclip

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So let me see if I can adjust my original solution to this problem, and you tell me why it doesn't work

Try creating a new movie clip symbol. This symbol will, inside it, have the two images happy/mad and do the looping fade between them (remember, you can put your other movie clips into this new movie clip). Then, put that symbol on the main stage, and do the motion tween on it.

Member #
    Thanks again SF. Well in the one with the flying butterflys it really worked great because i only had one layer - the armatur layer to select (i think!). I got try your surgestion and ill let you know how it goes - thanks you been really helpfull

Member #
    Hi ShadowFiend and thanks for taking your time: Now ive tryied and i CANT get it to work - im getting crazy! I totally understand what you mean by making a movie clip and putting it in to another. Please look at my drawing/attachment. I start by OPEN happy layer in to flash. Then i IMPORT layer 2 (mad) into flash too. Then i have 2 layers containing layer 1 happy and layer2 mad or vice versa. from there i must make the happy/mad fading and loop by draging the time line for layer 1 say 12 frames. And the dragging the time line for layer 2 from the end of layer 1 time line say also 12 frames to get the faces to shift and it works ok??? Now my problems comes: i CANT select the two layers at once to make it a movieclip - well i can but then it kind of merget them together. and i cant seem to have each layer selectet as a movie clip at the same time bacause it only select one face/time line when i press ctrl A or do the highlight thing with the selection tool
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Btw i know that im making a quit simple thing into a nightmare- sorry for that

Member #
    After two days i got it ;-) - you must be laughing your trousers off- well i didnt know that one could start with making a movieclip without having any images in the content table so i keept on importing thoes2 layers having a hell off a time selecting them to make them to one sort of speak. And i keept returning to you answer because i knew it was the right answer. Then i discovered the above.Now i have happy and mad faces flying all over blinking with the eyes and so on. I must admit that this is cool stuff playing with. Thnaks for your help.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Excellent, hehe. Good to hear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads