Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    don't libary items work basically the same as style sheets? when you change a library item, other pages using it change as well, so isn't that like a style sheet? could someone explain to me how these two are different? i'd appreciate it. -Reuben

Member #
    Are you referring to the "Snippets" tab under the "Code" panel (SHIFT+F9)? If so, then the answer is no. That's just a bank of different pieces of code that you can throw in your page. Once you put it in a page, it's no different than any other code in your page: it's just a sitting duck. If you change the code in the library, the next time you throw that code into a page, the new code will be inserted, and from then on that code is like normal code entered by hand.

I'm not sure if this is the "library item" you're talking about though, so if it isn't, maybe you could clarify what you mean by "library item". Flash MX has a library panel, and in Flash's case when you change something in the library, that change is reflected throughout your Flash piece. Not the case in Dreamweaver though, two totally different concepts.

Hope this clears things up a little (or atleast doesn't confuse you more). :ichatcool:

Remove Ads