Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok, so I've got a website, in which I incorporated a VERY basic, and when I say basic, I mean very unreliable for the actual marketer.

What I want to do, is possibly create a landing page for the marketer, with a unique URL, and in addition, a login page for the marketer to check statistics of their landing page and sales.

I am limiting my affiliate to 2 people, which I have already, but they want a more secure way of checking statistics.

If someone can maybe help me out, or possibly code the whole thing for me which tracks stats, and sales, I would be willing to pay.

Here is what I need in a list form:
    1. Landing page for both affiliate's I have
    2. An affiliate Login page to track stats of unique landing page hits, and sales
    3. Unique URL for each landing page for the affiliate.

I think this is very basic, I just can't do it myself, and I don't want to buy into a huge affiliate system that will handle it for me, seeing as I only have 2 main affiliates, and that's what I want to limit it to.

If anyone could assist, or point me in the right direction, maybe even code the whole thing for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Post your price, your knowledge of this, and possibly some insight on what I could do to maybe better this system for both affiliates.

Thank you for reading, and i'm looking forward to hear from some of you

I read this online, would this work? If so, could someone help me with this system? *read below*

If you don't have the PHP knowledge to set up a cookie-based tracking system, you could create 3 separate redirect pages point to your main page, and use google analytics to track your visitors. If you put tracking code on each page on your site, you can set up goal points which trigger when someone reaches a certain page, you can then use the entry page to determine who gave you the custom.

If you do have PHP knowledge or are willing to learn, the generic method goes like this-

1) when a user views your page, check their cookies for an affiliate id. (ie $_COOKIES['affil'] variable)
    http://www.tizag.com/phpT/phpcookies.php

1.1) if it exists, we do nothing

1.2) If it does not exist, we get the info on who directed them here. We can do this two ways, use the HTTP query data (the stuff after a question mark like index.php?affil=bob) or by the HTTP referrer (the page that linked to your site).
    HTTP query data is stored in $_GET['affil']
    see http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/php-tu...
    The referring page is stored in $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] which could use this if no affil is set, man page here-
    http://unix.cms.gre.ac.uk/code/php/examp...
    (nb; yes, referrer was spelled incorrectly in the HTTP standards! It's not my error)

You could also use the referrer to save search engines as unpaid affilliates, save their search keywords too or whatever.

Now we have the affilliate, we use setcookie to save this to the user's computer so that next time they visit the site we know who's customer they are. Make sure it's set to expire in 10 years or something similar.

The code above is included in every php page on the site, so it doesn't matter which page they land on. remember that setting cookies goes in the header data, so must be done before any data is sent back to the client. even a single empty line before "<?php" will cause saving cookies to fail (attempting to change headers after they have been sent)

2) When a user makes a purchase, we get the information from $_COOKIES['affil'] and save this info to a file or a database. You might want to remove the cookie or set it to "none" or something at the same time, so that you only pay your affilliates for a customer's first purchase.

Remove Ads