Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everybody,

As always, first of all thanks a lot for all your help :nod:

Well, a question that everyone of you must have ask him or herself a million times.

After trying to make a liquid site I have found that it just give me trouble. It works fine in most screens but it looks horrible in a few others. Therefore I have decided to go for a fixed size.

Which one should I choose? Is 1280 for 768 the best one?

Please help me with this. I am falling badly behind my schedule...and if I don´t get the site done by june I will fail one of my university subjects (and will look like a moron by the way).

Thanks a lot,

Iván

Member #
    Well, I have worked more on the liquid layout and have tried it in about 6 different monitors (3 I got at home and three more at my university).

It works perfectly fine in all of them except in one of the old monitors at university, where the upper stripe (the one that contains the "primary teaching..." text and the image) looks much bigger than the 130 px I gave it. Could you please tell me if the site looks ok in your screen?

I have designed for 1024x768 and to be honest haven´t care about those who use a 800x600 resolution, as I don´t think there are anybody still using that resolution in my country. The site I am building is destined to be used by bilingual English-Spanish teachers in Spain.

I would really appreciate it if you let me know how the site looks in your screen.

Thanks in advance.

Iván

Member #
    Sorry, that is the link to the site:

http://www.primaryteachingresources....l/trying4.html

And that is how it is supposed to look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22338638@N06/3444438404/

Does it look like that in your screen?

Thanks a lot,

Iván

Remove Ads