Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Can someone please help I am driving myself nuts with the whole cross compatibility with IE and FF it is horrible... Anyways the site renders how I would like it to in FF but when I get into IE some of the .png files dont show up and the body background nor the maincontent div background show up.
    Here is the code

PS I know that the marquee tag is an absolute no no that it is deprecated but I dont know another method to achieve what the client wants.

I fixed the IE problems with the help of the great people in this forum but now the scrolling JS i have doesnt work ( I get this error; Error: document.getElementById("TICKER") is null
    Source File: http://www.drkylesays.com/webticker_lib.js
    Line: 5 )and the header isnt showing up and I can tell the path is correct because it appears locally in FF......... it is temporarily up here www.drkylesays.com

Member #
    The first thing you need to do is validate your pages at W3C Validator. You have your image dimensions coded incorrectly, width=780 should be width="780", with the quotations, same with height. That could be your only problem, hard to say without an actual live page, since I don't have access to your images.
    Second, if your PNG's are transparent, IE6 won't render them properly without a hack. There are a few, here.
    What is it that the client wants? Just the scrolling headline? Try this javascript scroller.
    I can't tell you anything else without a live html page.
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    I replied to your email, but don't know if it sent, so here is a copy of what I sent:

I just googled "scrolling text", saw the different options, and then googled "javascript scrolling text". I'm sorry that one isn't working for you, but I'm no good at debugging javascript. Try renaming your
    <div id="ticker">
    My First Ticker!
    </div>

to

<div id="TICKER">
    My First Ticker!
    </div>

and that's as far as I can help you with that.

And I don't see a header image in Firefox or IE, but there is a huge space in the top of the page in IE, everything is below the fold! So I would check your path again....and maybe clear your cache in FF and try again. Make sure it is a PNG, and make sure it is in an "images" folder, cause I see the alt text instead of the image.
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Remove Ads