Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys

I'm very new to web design and currently designing my first website. Anyway, I have run in to a problem where my transparent background on my navBar works perfectly in Firefox but not in IE.

So I did a little research and found that I need to include this command somewhere in my html to make it work with IE:
    allowTransparency="true"

My only problem is I can't figure out where to put it to make it work, I have tried the most obvious location to me which was my navBar div but that didnt seem to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the site in question:

Also, as a side note, how would I expand my background on the navBar so that it covers the full bar? As of right now, the height is about 3 pixels too short to cover the top when you hover over you can see.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    PNG type images are a problem for IE ... I believe it was fixed in IE7?

Search Google for: IE PNG transparency problem

Member #
    Heh thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately thats not the issue I was discussing - I guess I wasnt very clear with my original post.

I'm really not talking about the png images at all, I'm talking about the transparent background color of the navBar where the item list is. In Firefox its showing as a transparent background which is great - thats how its supposed to look. In IE the transparent background isnt transparent, its plain white - which is the problem.

Heres an image of what I mean: http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/5...background.png

Remove Ads