Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    http://www.charlespatrickjewelers.co...ges/rings.html

Of course All the issues happen when the site was nearly published. Can someone tell me why my NavBar is all screwy? It looks fine in DW CS4, and it looks fine when I preview in my browser, but when it's on the server it looks like this!

Thanks anyone for your help!

Aza

ETS
    Member #
    It looks to me that you may need to reset CSS sheet for the link/page you listed.
    Your drop down menu is all over the place. Hope this helps

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, css for spry menu bar is not uploaded.

The requested URL /SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css was not found on this server.

Member #
    I found out what happened. When you insert Spry with dreamweaver, it puts the folder at the root folder level, but the server we are on makes us put our site one level down, in a www folder ( /www/index instead of /index) so even though the links were all correct, and the files were all there, the server wouldn't let the html reference a folder above our /www folder. So I copied all the SpryAssets folder one level down and changed all the links, and now it works.

BUT now, I am having another issue....

My Spry dropdown is only working for one of the links in my navbar (Rings button) but I have it set on 3 links in my navbar (Rings, Bracelets, and watches) Why would that happen? It works fine in DW, but not in the browser or on the server.

Member #
    I'm guessing...totally unsure, but the only thing I see different at all is your swap image function. Maybe for some reason it is interfering with the Spry? Like I said, really guessing here, but I hope it helps....and if that is the problem, you could always slice your link background and declare it in CSS.
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Remove Ads