Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned
    Member #
    I was wondering if there are anyone nice enough to walk me through a few examples how to take a PSD, slice it up, and code it for HTML and CSS (tableless design) .
    If you do not have the time for it I understand, but it would be so kind and useful!

Thanks in advance
    Daniel

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Crop out the parts and place them as background images in divs. Other than that, I don't think you can have PS do it automatically. There are services out there that will do it though. It's hard to tell you what to do without seeing the image.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I'll start with the first part and allow someone to take it from there. You design an HTML / CSS layout very much like you design a PSD - in layers.

You should start by deciding which parts of your PSD will go into which layers of your website. You can then group the necessary Photoshop Layers together and turn them on or off to create your exported images.

What I like to do is create a new file from each of the layer groups and slice / export from there. That way, I know I'm preserving the integrity of my original PSD file and won't lose anything.

So I usually start from the background texture / gradient / image / whatever. I'll determine if there's a repeatable pattern in it (e.g. a vertical gradient) and make a gif from that, as small as possible (e.g. 1px wide x however many pixels tall for a vertical gradient). If necessary, I'll make additional images for other layered effects on top of that gradient. Solid continuous colors behind your BG images can be specified by color code in your CSS, so you don't need images for those.

Someone take it from there!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    By the way, Daniel, before I ban you, please explain this, from your Home Page link in your profile?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Wow, I'd like to know too.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Didn't answer quicly enough... banned.

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smoseley
    Didn't answer quicly enough... banned.
    :bandit:
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    What was his home page link?
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Well do you have any previous experience with html/css and photoshop? There is an option in photoshop that allows you to cut the image up if you just press K it will automatically show up. I have a blog so I'll do an entire demonstration on how to do it for my next blog. It's blackrhinosolutions.com/blog

Member #
    How to convert PSD to Html+Css... step by step
    1. Install plugin for Photoshop. DIVine or something like Sitegrinder 2 (Free version DIVine much better then free version of Sitegrinder )
    2. Modify document's layers. (In case with DIVine you can modify later)
    3. Launch plugin.
    4. Get your Html page.
    5. Publish on server (In case with DIVine you can publish your site at wordpress or blogger directly from plugin)

Hope it was usefull information for you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads