Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I have a .mov file that I uploaded to my webserver. I found the following code from somewhere to display videos on my site...It works but with some problems, and I have questions, please try to answer each number separately...

1-There appears a play progress bar at the bottom of video. How can I eliminate that?
    2-what is classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" and what are all those numbers??
    3-what is codebase and why does it get something from apple website? Isn't there something I can do in order to display video without connecting to apple or other website?
    4-I put in autorepeat commands myself but they didnt work. How can I make the video repeat indefinitely? Right now it just plays once automatically, and then stops.
    5-Is there a way that I can reduce the size of the video thus the file size? How? Say the video I bought is 400x600. How can I make it i.e. 200x300?
    6-If I used flash would it be better and there would be no issues like in here? What is the advantage of using flash over a code like below?

<object width="750" height="500"
    classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B"
    codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">
    <param name="src" value="pictures/video1.mov" />
    <param name="controller" value="true" />
    <param name="autoplay" value="true" />
    <param name="autorepeat" value="true" />

<!-- Code For Older Browsers -->
    <embed src="pictures/video1.mov" width="420" height="360"
    autoplay="true"
    autorepeat="true"
    controller="true"
    pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/">
    </embed>
    </object>

Member #
    I will try to respond to the best of my ability on each one.

1) The progress bar is there by default as part of Quicktime. To disable it, add the following command within the embed tag:

Code:
    controller="false"
    2) That little part enables the ActiveX control, so that the Quicktime video will appear in Internet Explorer. Don't mess with it.

3) That part tells Internet Explorer where it can find the ActiveX plugin, if it is not already installed on the user's computer. Don't change it, either.

4) To make the video loop continuously, insert the following command within the embed tag:

Code:
    loop="true"
    5) In order to reduce the file size of the video, you would have to compress it using a video converter/compressor. A quick search on Google will bring up a few handy programs you can use to do just that.

6) There is a BIG advantage to using Flash instead of Quicktime. Flash is already installed on most every computer in the world. This means less plugins that have to be dealt with and better compatibility.

Remove Ads