Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi guys. I am making a website for a store I am opening. Im using dreamweaver cs3 to code my site and I am having a few minor issues. I have a few layers of divs nested within each other that hold everything together as i like. But on dreamweaver designer view it shows my center and right colums underneath the left column. But when i preview the page in different browsers (ff, ie, saf) the colums are sitting next to each other as they should. I could continue with the site but its really a bother to have to design something and keep looking at preview. Just let me know what type of info you need and we can get this worked out. Help is greatly appreciated.................oh crap... I just fixed my own problem. I had the lft column div with a "clear" set to none. IdK what clear means but im gonna go find out. Pls check the forums every now and then though because Im sure i will run into more problems . Look forward to it:-D

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    clear is related to float. clear in my veiw is sloppy and better accomplished by putting the images and/or text in a <ul> then adjusting height on each with margins. kinda forceful but reliable.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    I use Dreamweaver as well but hardly ever use the design view as it rarely shows what the page would truly be showing live on the web. If I want to see what it looks like I just hit F11 and preview it in firefox of IE; this seems just as easy as clicking on design view.
    Ali Hitch

Portfolio & Tutorial Site
    www.alihitch.com

Remove Ads