Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    On my website, my blog is embedded within an iFrame. But as the blog posts increase, I would like the length of the iframe to increase (WITHOUT a scroll bar!). Is there a code for this?

(sorry - not sure if this should have been posted in css or javascript)

Member #
    Just curious as to the reason you would need an iFrame... ?

Anyway, try setting the scrolling property to "no" in your iframe tag and see if that helps. Also, I do not know the effect of the overflow CSS property on iframes, but you may try setting overflow to visible as well.

Member #
    You're killing the searchability using an iFrame...

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    actually no. this is only rumor. youtube uses iframes as well as many other large company sites. lynx web browser is the standard that google tells you to design to. it is a text based browser. i have and will continue to use iframes as well youtube im sure. if your site can be navigated by a text based browser you are fine. as for the size. you will need serverside scripting for this. i suggest php as it is open source and provided by most hosting plans. you will need to know the width and height of said page, i dont know that this can be made dynamic although imagn may pull the card of exp for this, he's good. choose your method of sending and recieving the size variable and use these in place of height width in your iframe parameters.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Thank you for the advice, everyone! I think I'll just remove the iframe, got back to the Blogger template, and try to insert the header image and fill in the background color and leave it as that. The iframe isn't working out.

Remove Ads