Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am working on a website for a business. This is my first one to do, and I'm learning everything from books. I've finished the homepage, FINALLY, but I have one slight problem! It renders differently when I look at it in IE. I built the page in Dreamweaver CS3 in a liquid layout, not realizing I should've used a fixed layout so the text wouldn't render in some weird way. My CSS book mentions very little about converting, but I don't know very much about coding right now and I'm afraid to mess everything up if I try to figure out what the directions mean. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Let us see the website,
    that's the best way we can help you ... by seeing what you have (online for real).

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    arin,

Yes it is possible to convert a liquid layout to a fixed layout. Itís a piece of cake. Liquid layout means that all widths -- web page, columns, text ... --, have set in %-s, you should only converte them in px-s, thatís all, nothing else.

Remove Ads