Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Here is the test site:

http://nuggetdesigns.com/public_html/clients/rct/index.html

As you can see, I have images against a grey background. The grey in the images is supposed to match the grey in the background so that it blends together. As you can also see, it doesn't (it does in some browsers but not in others. Safari is fine, Firefox, IE and Opera are not). The problem is the grey in the images. I've had this problem before and then I realized that my images were CMYK instead of RGB (duh) but these images are RGB.

Can anyone shed some light on what is going on here and how i can fix it? Thank you!!

Member #
    Hi nuggetd,

I printed my screen and pasted it into a graphics program. Using the eye dropper I can tell you have different colors.

One of your issues is that the image
    http://www.nuggetdesigns.com/public_...g/graymain.jpg
    isn't one color. It actually is a mix between #404040 and #3F3F3F.

In your main html you have another color which isn't close to those.
    background-color: #313131;
    I would put it to #404040 and throw that in your style.css sheet instead of on the actual page. Right at the top of your stylesheet you have the body identity. Try
    background-color: #404040; Next I would edit the image /graymain.jpg to have a solid color where it ends on the right side of the image. So in photoshop or paintshop pro just get the paint brush tool and ensure that you have a clean solid color where it ends as opposed to a really light checker effect which is what you have right now. 1 pixel Checkering.

I hope that helps some. Good luck!
    Brandon Tran - Asheville Web Design

Member #
    Thank you brandon! I will try that and see if it works.

Remove Ads