Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello everyone,

Here is the site I am currently working on: http://mvmvideo.com/funtastic/index.html I built it on a Mac and it was tested using the latest version of Firefox. Unfortunately, I am having a problem with the flash border of chasing stars inconsistently overlapping the flash Funtastic logo in the upper left corner with most other browsers. The stars are supposed to be on top of the Funtastic logo. Both flash elements are positioned inside of divs and use the z-index property. Why are other browsers and other operating platforms having such a difficult time deciding how to stack the animations?

Perhaps I should change the animated home button logo to a simple rollover image... unless someone has a suggestion on how I can get this to look right on most common browsers?!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. 8-)

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Eek! Flash on top of Flash? Bad idea. If you're going to have layers of Flash elements, you should create them all in one Flash file and export that to a single SWF file for your website. Messing around with Flash layers in HTML is not a suggested way to build a site at all!!! Still, you could try messing with the z-index of the elements to increase/decrease the "depth" of the element on the page and see if that does it for you.

Member #
    Yes, I've been working with the z-index property. That's how I got any results at all. Your right though, I'll remove the flash logo. Thanks for the input! Here is the site with the revisions: http://mvmvideo.com/funtastic/index.html

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    nice site dude.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Remove Ads