Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    We have another company making our websites with dreamweaver but now I want to go in and make changes on photo pages, home page etc. Is there a software that I can download to be able to get in the website to make changes without using dreamweaver. I have the username links and all.

Member #
    well you'll definitely need to tiptoe around the tulips a little bit to use someone else's design and not accidentally screw up some of their formatting... my best recommendation is to go to w3schools.com and read a little bit in their HTML and CSS sections... enough to get a feel for the purposes behind what your designer has put in there, so you can then go in and edit the image sources and stuff without breaking something ;-) As for WYSIWYG editors, STAY AWAY!!! =-O I use dreamweaver because it's still very code-focused and will let you know when you screw something up... but most of them out there are WAY worse... they will stick in extra tags where you don't need them, and some will even escape out your code snippets when you try to paste them in... boo.
    Utah Web Design { Pimpin(it); } - ENJOY yo-self

Member #
    Why don't you want to use Dreamweaver?

you could try using - http://www.coffeecup.com/free-editor/

but do you know how HTML, CSS enough to make the changes you want? If not, it would behoove you to educate yourself on those languages before you start making changes. At least, create a copy of any page file you want to make changes to first, and test test test before you replace the original!

But - Dreamweaver is a perfectly acceptable editor - you could test drive a trial copy first and buy if you like working with it.

Good luck..

Remove Ads