Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am having problems where when you click on a picture it takes you to another picture. The website was working fine but I wanted to replace some old pictures of my work with newer ones. I replaced the files in the "gallery" folder, but when I go to my live site, the old one still appears. I looked back at the file on my web host and it's the correct file I wanted, the newer one, yet the old one appears on my website. I have checked "viewer-slideshow.js" to see if the file was written correctly and I went over the counting of the files to make sure #15 is where it should be, but still the old pictures show up. I even deleted the file and then added the new one. I am not sure what is going on, but I really need help!

The 6th picture on the bottom right, when clicked, goes to the old picture which I supposedly deleted. http://daniellasweb.com/design2.htm

This whole page is messed up not going to the correct photos, some of which again I thought I deleted http://daniellasweb.com/design4.htm

The thumbnails lead to the "view-slideshow.js" file which grabs the photos from my "gallery" folder. The photo file names are Fgallery4-8.jpg for example. Those are the files that are not popping up as they should. It goes to the older Fgallery4-8.jpg

If you can figure this out I would really appreciate it. If you need any further information please just ask.

Member #
    The thumbnail and the linked photo appear the same to me. Try clearing your cache?
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    I emptied my cache and it worked, thank u! I was going nuts! Do you know why that happens?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ladydiella
    I emptied my cache and it worked, thank u! I was going nuts! Do you know why that happens?
    Your browser "remembers" images and such so it doesn't have to download everything every time you view a web page that you've been to before. It becomes a pain when you are developing, though, because sometimes changes don't appear to take affect when they really have. You can probably change your internet options to help, but then every website you go to will take longer to load. Don't know if there's any other way to fix it, I've just always cleared my cache whenever I have any problems.
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Remove Ads